Monday, May 21, 2012

In Another Country

Korean writer and director Hong Sang-soo returns with another charming film with this comedy of manners. In a small coastal town, three different French women have similar experiences with the locals, specially a life guard. Sang-soo shows through humor how foreigners presence change locals and how something is always lost in translation. While it's about the French and Koreans in this film, it's about human nature and mannerism that's universal and will resonate with many. The terrific Isabelle Huppert stars as the three women along with solid Korean cast. 1001 Films' coverage of the 65th Festival de Cannes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you?

I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not post a comment. I have blogs also obviously, and would like to invite you to become my blog friend.

I mostly post about the California experience through the perspective of personal writings, and my art.

Maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

Well I hope to hear from you soon… :)

Jesse Noe Mendez